Is there any other activity besides skiing?
You bet there is!
You can do so many things with snow! Building snowmen in front of the house, snowshoeing, horse-drawn sleigh rides and the best of all races with the toboggan or snowtubing.
Here are our ideas for a perfect winter day:
- Golden Gate & Treetop Trail: Hike through the treetops at the height of 30 metres at the end of the valley and soak up the views.
- Ice skating rink: Glide over perfectly prepared ice in Hinterglemm at the sports centre.
- Curling: Show off your marksmanship at the curling rink in Hinterglemm.
- Guided snowshoe hikes: Guided snowshoe tours take place weekly in the Talschluss.
- Cross-country skiing: The Talschluss cross-country ski trail leads along the Saalach river to the Lindlingalm. Immerse yourself in a true winter wonderland away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride: Take a romantic ride through the winter landscape to the Lindlingalm.
- Toboggan runs:
- On the Reiterkogel: Up, you go with the Reiterkogel gondola and down via the illuminated toboggan run. There are huts along the way that are ideal for a stop for refreshments.
- Spielberghaus: Take the snowcat up and toboggan down the illuminated natural toboggan run.
- Snowmobile City: Fulfil a childhood dream and drive a snowmobile or a skidoo on the perfectly shaped racecourse.
- Snowtubing: The snowtubing track is located on the A9 Unter-schwarzachbahn.
- Winter hiking: Did you know that there are 140 km of winter hiking trails in Saalbach-Hinterglemm? And they are suitable for all abilities!
- Archery: Awake the Robin Hood in you and try your luck on the Glemmerhof archery course.
We will do everything to make sure you can enjoy your holiday with us, but we have no influence on the weather. But we are prepared and have some suggestions for you on how to save a day of blizzards:
- Local History & Ski Museum in Saalbach: Experience the history of Saalbach Hinterglemm!
- Swimming in the indoor swimming pool in Zell am See or the Tauern SPA Kaprun.
- National Park Centre in Mittersill: The unique Alpine world of adventure surrounding the Großglockner explained in 10 stations.
- House of nature in Salzburg: reptiles, the underwater world, star moments of space travel, the human body and much more under one roof.